It’s been a long time since I’ve updated Google Calendar Events. I’ve had very little time to work on the plugin lately, due to other projects that have had to take precedence.
A couple of months back, I did begin a major rewrite of the plugin, with all sorts of snazzy improvements, but it’s a long way off release worthy, or even beta worthy, at present. I’ll continue to work on it when I can, but I thought I’d better fix a couple of minor (yet annoying) bugs in the current version for the time being.
This is just a bug fix release, nothing particularly exciting, I’m afraid. Here’s a quick overview of the changes:
Version 0.7 fixes a few bugs and adds a few minor features.
0.6 has been out for a while, long enough for a couple of bugs to appear! I expected a few, as a lot of code was changed in the last release. Also, my to-do list has been gradually filling up with lots of suggestions for little enhancements here and there. So, I’m going to combine these fixes and enhancements into a new version, 0.7.
I know that it’s not been long since the last release, but 0.5 exacerbated a few annoying, and long-running, problems that the plugin had.
I’ve had some spare time over the last week (yay for Easter!), so I decided to really get to grips with these issues, and hopefully eradicate them.
Version 0.5 has now been released! Please take a look at this post for details on the release.
Over the last couple of weeks, I managed to find a little time to spend developing my WordPress plugin, Google Calendar Events. I’ve implemented a couple of features / enhancements that I’m quite excited about, as I think they really add a lot of flexibility.
(Update – 21st February, 2012 – I’m no longer using this on my site, but the method still works)
Over the last couple of days I have been working on updating my site’s theme. More specifically, I have been converting it to a Hybrid child theme.
I created my original theme from scratch, and it wasn’t particularly brilliant in terms of construction. I basically had a separate template for every page. I somewhat missed the point, methinks. I have leaned a lot about WordPress development since then, so decided it was time for an update.
I wanted a simple way of adding the various bits and bobs to the homepage (recent posts, flickr images, twitter) that didn’t involve hacking about with template files. Here’s what I did for the recent posts section: